Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

juices

ever since i came back for the hols mama would prepare for me (not that i ask her to) juices.my mom is very well known for her healthy food.less salt, less sugar (or better no sugar), steamed fish and vege, soups and her all-time favourite,ulam.her breakfast most of the time would be oats and mind you, this she would not add with neither milk nor sugar and added with chunks of fruits or dates or raisins or whatever she can find in the fridge.

okay back to the story, the first day she made me apple juice with a very,very minimal amount of sugar.but it wasnt so bad.then the next day she made a glass of juice and placed in the fridge to chill.so when i had my breakfast and i drank it,my face wanted to squirm and felt like throwing it into the sink.unfortunately, she was looking at me till i finished the whole glass.it was tomato and carrot with very little or no sugar..i had to pretend that i loved it and every sip that i took i stopped breathing. im a big fan of tomato, but when it has been crushed and the juices are blended together it wasnt the favourite vege anymore.

so today she made a better one.i guess mother's instincts tells her that i cant take in the last one.she made me carrot and soya bean.it was good!seriously!if she had made me two glasses i would have finished them all.

but, these are healthy food and i shouldnt be complaining.she's giving her best advice to me.the reason that she still look young even she's nearing the age of 60 makes me wanna follow in her footsteps..

No comments:

Post a Comment